The Art of the Meat + Cheese Board
It’s the season for gathering, bonding and of course eating! I’ve struggled so many times trying to come up with what to make to treat my guests. That is until I discovered the lovely “art” of the meat and cheese board. It’s trendy and simple to put together and the board creates a cozy and chill atmosphere. Plus, sharing food tends to be the perfect way to start up some great conversations and it can turn into some truly heartwarming conversations with friends.
I invited my closest girlfriends (also known as my “soul sisters”) Alona, Yana, and Oksana and their dolls Annika, Elsa and Vienna and baby Ace to Chloe’s 2nd birthday play-date. It was 10 am so I didn’t want to serve lunch and everyone had already eaten breakfast. The cheese board was the perfect treat for us mamas and for the babes to nibble on! Here are some ideas on how to assemble that ultimate spread.
How to get started:
1. Start with a giant board.
2. Place your meats on the tray first and place them across from one another- mine created a triangle.
3. Incorporate your cheeses (I love using different textures and flavors).
4. Add in your crackers – the more variety the better!
5. Tie in some dried fruit and nuts.
6. And my favorite step: ADD in everything else that makes your taste buds dance! Such as fresh fruit, jams, honey, favorite sauces, herbs…there is no right or wrong here!
Everyone enjoyed it so much that I ended up making another one the next day as an “appetizer” before dinner for my family. I hope you’ll give it a try and enjoy it as much as I did!